After arrival at Sola in May, 1956, this RF-84F-26-RE became 'T3-G' with 717 Skvadron. The code changed in 1962 to 'AZ-G'. In November 1969, the aircraft was stored at Vaernes (Trondheim) for future display.
This replica was built by the Neptune Association and represents aircraft W.57, lost in a fatal accident over the North Sea, off Den Helder, on 17 November, 1925. The WA was a licence-built Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 for the Dutch Naval Air Service.
This C.V-D was licence-built by the Haerens Flyvemaskinfabrikk at Kjeller and took part in the battles against invading German forces. '349' was evacuated to Sweden on 15 April 1940. In 1949 the Fokker was presented to the RNoAF.
In 1934 Fokker C.V '312' was converted to C.V-D, equipped with a RR Kestrel and reserialled '634'. The aircraft survived the war and went on display in the Aviodome, Schiphol, in the 1950's as '618', one of the aircraft lost in May 1940.
Before transferring to the RNoAF, F-86F-35-NA Sabre 53-1206 served with the 48th FBW at Chaumont AB in France. The Sabre was with 331 Skvadron as 'FN-D' from July 1958 and later flew with 338 Skvadron.
F-86F 'AH-D' of 332 Skvadron with the Joker Acro Team badge on the fin. On 28 May 1957, four 332 Skvadron Sabres, led by Lt Kjell Zetterstrøm, flew their first aerobatics over Rygge as the Joker Acro Team, soon adopting the name 'Flying Jokers'.
This 5./KG 4 He 111 crash landed on 26 April 1940 on snow covered Digervarden, near Lesjakog in Oppland, after being damaged by gunfire from HMS Manchester and Skuas of 801 Squadron from HMS Ark Royal.
The main display hall at Gardermoen houses 3 RNoAF F-5s: F-5B 387 (64-13387), F-5A 208 (66-9208), both of 336 Skvadron and unmarked RF-5A 105 (68-9105). In front of the museum is F-5B 595 (65-10594) in a 336 Skvadron Tiger c/s.
This former Luftwaffe Starfighter (27+71 and ex USAF 63-8469) served with the 58th TFTW at Luke AFB before joining the RNoAF's 331 Skvadron at Bodø in June 1975. 469 was flown to Gardermoen on 13 July 1982.
From 1974 until 1982 '818' operated with 334 Skvadron and spent some time as BDR-trainer at Kjevik at the Luftforsvarets Tekniske Skole Senter. The aircraft was scrapped in 2010 with the cockpit section coming to Gardermoen for display.
In 1979, the wreck of N-3PB 'U' of 330 Squadron (based at RAF Reykjavík, with flights at Akureyri and Budareyi) was recovered from the Þjórsá River in Iceland, were the aircraft made a forced landing on 21 April, 1943.
On 13 April, 1940, ‘CA+JY’ of 4./KGrzbV 103 landed on the ice of Hartvikvatnet, near Narvik, northern Norway. With the arrival of spring, the ice melted and the Ju 52 sank to the bottom of the lake. The aircraft was recovered in 1983.
On 15 April, 1940, ‘U4+TK’ took part in KG30’s first mission from the frozen Jonsvatnet to attack installations at Namsos airfield. By the end of that month, the probably unserviceable Ju 88 sank to the bottom of the lake.
MH350 entered service with 485 (NZ) Squadron in August 1943 as 'OU-V' and became the personal a/c of P/O Johnnie Houlton until June 1944. The Spit transferred to 332 Squadron as 'AH-V' in the spring of 1945. After the war MH350 served with 331 Skvadron.
P42408 is ex RAF VT833 and entered Norwegian service with C Flight of 331 Skvadron, later renamed 336 Svadron. The Spitfire is a full-scale model (FSM) of MA755, an F.IXc of the Norwegian 331 Squadron, RAF, at North Weald in March 1943.