WA473 without the bulbous 250 Imp Gallon ventral tank as used on most operational missions to increase the endurance of the thirsty Rolls Royce Nene 3 jet engine. Four 20mm cannon mounted in the wings. In total 54 Attacker F.1s were produced.
In August 1951, the first FAA Attacker unit, No.800 Squadron, was formed at RNAS Ford. The squadron went to sea on HMS Eagle in March 1952. Only two years later, the squadron disbanded, later reforming at RNAS Brawdy with Sea Hawks.
In May 1964 WL732 was allocated to the Aeroplane & Armament Experimental Establishment at Boscombe Down as a support aircraft for carrier trials, training and communications duties and served there from October 1965 with C Squadron, the RN Test Squadron.