Former Royal New Zealand Air Force Freighter NZ5911 came to Bristol in January 2018. The machine is stored in the conservation workshop awaiting her turn in the restoration queue. In front are her two 1980 hp Bristol Hercules 734 engines.
The original Scout D A1742, fitted with a Gnome Monosoupape engine, was delivered to the Royal Flying Corps in mid-1916. Prior to coming to Aerospace Bristol in March 2017, the Scout was on display at Old Warden with the Shuttleworth Collection.
No original examples of the Scout are known to have survived. This static replica was built for the 1962 Olympia Royal Tournament. It represents the first aircraft in the last batch of fifty Scout D’s for the Royal Flying Corps (serials A1742 to A1791).
This Bolingbroke IV is one of 676 aircraft built by the Fairchild Aircraft Company plant at Longueuil, Québec, Canada. RCAF-9048 entered service with No.8 (Bomber Reconnaissance) Squadron at RCAF Station Sydney, Nova Scotia, in November 1941.
RCAF-9048 will be restored in her original RCAF camouflage of No.8 (BR) Squadron as flown from RCAF Station Sydney (Nova Scotia) in November 1941 and RCAF Station Sea Island, located beside Vancouver Airport, from January 1942.
This side of ZD610 has the markings of No.801 Squadron (code ‘L-000’) applied, with those of No.800 Squadron (code ‘R-126’) on the port side. The Sea Harrier had earlier been on display at Bruntingthorpe.