This PBY-5A (BuAerNo.48334) had originally been intended as a spares source for ZK-PBY, but is now on display at Tauranga. The hull has been restored with bow and blister turrets put back in position and is finished as a San Diego-based USN Catalina.
The RNZAF received its first two Devons (built as civil Doves) in June and December 1948 for VIP duties with the General Purpose Flight and 42 Squadron at Ohakea. RNZAF Devon remained in service until 1977. NZ1802 became ZK-UFO in October 1977.
In 2013, nine former RNZAF MB-339s saw their way to Florida for defence contractor Draken International Inc at Lakeland-Linder Apt. Other 14 Squadron machines are on display at various locations in New Zealand, as is NZ6469 at Classic Flyers NZ, Tauranga.
NZ1935 was delivered to the RNZAF Central Flying School at Wigram in October 1976. Registered ZK-JMV, the CT4B served briefly with the Massey University School of Aviation at Palmerston North. JMV is currently based at Tauranga Airport.
NZ5767 had previously served with the RAF as WA374 before transferring to the RNZAF in 1956. The Vampire operated with 14 and 75 Squadrons before conversion to GIA (serial INST.202) at Woodbourne in August 1970. Now at the Classic Flyers Aviation Museum.
Former Swiss Flugwaffe J-1799 came to New Zealand in 1992 and made her first flight from Ardmore on 23 January 1993. The Venom was damaged in a landing accident at Masterton on 21 January 2011. After spares reclamation she is now on static display.
After disbandment of the RNZAF Air Combat Force in December 2001, NZ6201 (ex BuAerNo. 157904) was flown from Ohakea to Woodbourne for storage. A handful of Skyhawks found their way to museums throughout the country, '01' coming to Tauranga on 21 May 2012.
This former Iranian and Ethiopian Sabre came to New Zealand in 2004 and represents F-86F-1-NA 51-2910, as flown by Korean War ace Capt. Joseph M. McConnell, 39FIS, 51FIW at Suwon AB, who shot down 16 MiG-15's within the first four months of 1953.