Originally destined for the FAA, this Walrus was delivered to the Irish Air Corps in March 1939. The aircraft retained the Supermarine B-class registration N18 and served with No.1 Squadron, IAC, at Rineanna (Shannon) patrolling the Irish west coast.
WA473 without the bulbous 250 Imp Gallon ventral tank as used on most operational missions to increase the endurance of the thirsty Rolls Royce Nene 3 jet engine. Four 20mm cannon mounted in the wings. In total 54 Attacker F.1s were produced.
In August 1951, the first FAA Attacker unit, No.800 Squadron, was formed at RNAS Ford. The squadron went to sea on HMS Eagle in March 1952. Only two years later, the squadron disbanded, later reforming at RNAS Brawdy with Sea Hawks.