This B-29 was built by Bell at Atlanta and delivered in August 1945. It was converted to a TB-29 and modified for radar evaluation in April 1950. It is now on display at the Strategic Air and Space Museum, acquiring this nose art after restoration.
4101 had been modified to E-4/B fighter bomber, before Leutnant Wolfgang Teumer of 2./JG 51, based at Peupelingues in Northern France, belly landed at RAF Manston on the 27th November 1940. He had been in combat with Spitfires of 66 Squadron.
In a private garden at a stone's throw from the C-in-C Fighter Command, ACM Dowding Memorial, in Moffat, is this Full Scale Model (FSM) of 253 Squadron Spitfire HF.IXe PT462. The real PT462 is airworthy and based with ARCo at Duxford.
FE992 entered RCAF service in 1943 as RCAF-20208, flying with the Service Flying Training Schools at RCAF Moncton, New Brunswick, and later at RCAF Weyburn, Saskatchewan. After the war FE992 became Fv16047 with the Swedish Air Force.
On display at Museum Pusat TNI-AU Dirgantara Mandala. This Invader served with Skadron Udara 1 till 1977 and was the last fully armed Invader in military service. Seen here is its colourful shark nose.