This C-47 was built at Oklahoma City and delivered to the USAAF in July 1944 and by March 1945 it had been assigned to 815th AAF Base Unit (Troop Carrier Combat Crew Training Station, TCC) at Malden AAF, Missouri. It then migrated around various bases and
This B-29 was built by Bell at Atlanta and delivered in August 1945. It was converted to a TB-29 and modified for radar evaluation in April 1950. It is now on display at the Strategic Air and Space Museum, acquiring this nose art after restoration.
'Mission Completed' is on display at the Koninklijk Legermuseum/Belgique Musée Royal de l'Armée et d'Histoire Militaire. Although not subjected to a Marksman conversion, the museum found evidence of some On Mark modifications including wing tip tanks.
This aircraft was intended for the USN as 131650 but modified by Lockheed to a presidential transport. It became the personal aircraft of President Eisenhower and his wife named it 'Columbine III', as the Blue Columbine is the official flower of Colorado.
The illustrious, world speed record holder 'The Spirit of Atlantic City' served with the 119thFIS/177thFIW before retirement to AMARG during August 1988. In 1992 it was converted into a drone, flying as such until it re-entered the boneyard in 1998.
'Classy Chassy' is part of the NMUSAF Loan program and is now on display at the Air Mobility Command Museum at Dover AFB. The port and starboard versions of the noseart are handpainted and so each is very slightly different.
'Classy Chassy' is part of the NMUSAF Loan program and is now on display at the Air Mobility Command Museum at Dover AFB. The starboard and port versions of the noseart are handpainted and so each is very slightly different.
This C-123 was TOC around 1955 and served until 1980 when it was retired to MASDC as CP051. The plane was saved from the boneyard when it became part of the NMUSAF Loan Program and is now on display as 'Hog Hauler'at the super Castle Air Museum.
This A-26 was built at Tulsa in 1944 and delivered to the USAAF as 44-35562. Post-war it was converted by On Mark into a demilitarised, executive transport Marketeer, acquiring this 'Sexy Sue' noseart along the way.
Originally delivered to the USN as 139665 but then passed on to the SVNAF. Shortly before the fall of Saigon 'Lieutenant America' was flown to U Taphao AB, Thailand and then abandoned. In 1979 it was transported to the US and restoration begun in 2008.