The RAF Museum's F.2b reproduction is based on an original rear fuselage frame recovered from Weston-on-the-Green in the early 1960s and is finished in the colours E2466 of 22 Squadron as flown from Serny and Maisoncelle , Northern France, in July, 1918.
Even if the correctness of the colours on this CR.42 is debatable, MM5701 is a prized exhibit. The fighter of the 95 Squadriglia was highly likely brought down by Spitfires of 41 Squadron and force-landed near Orfordness lighthouse on 11th November, 1940.
4101 had been modified to E-4/B fighter bomber, before Leutnant Wolfgang Teumer of 2./JG 51, based at Peupelingues in Northern France, belly landed at RAF Manston on the 27th November 1940. He had been in combat with Spitfires of 66 Squadron.
FX760 was with 112 Squadron at Cutello/San Angelo and Guidonia, Italy, in June, 1944, before transferring to No.3 Squadron, RAAF. FX760 and her pilot, W/O Halpin, were lost on 21 August 1944. This composite is based on RAAF Kittyhawk IV A29-556.
NV778 was one of 50 Tempests converted by Hawkers at Langley to TT.5 standard between Febuary 1950 and May 1952. Powered by a Sabre IID NV778 served with 233 OCU at RAF Pembrey from October 1952 until July 1955.
G-ABBB, the prototype for the Bulldog IIA, changed her identity in 1961 to represent Bulldog IIA K-2227 of B Flight, 56 (Fighter) Squadron as flown from RAF North Weald in 1933. Note the Bristol Aeroplane Company's bulldog logo on the fin.