This US Army (64-13966) was one of ten UH-1s supplied to Norway in 1966. Initially coded 'JT-B', 966 was in use with RNoAF's 720 Skvadron here at Gardermoen and the unit's detachments at Sola and Ørland.
F-84G-26-RE 51-11209 entered service with the RNoAF on 29 July 1954 and was assigned to 331 Skvadron as 'FN-2' and recoded later as 'FN-G'. In March 1958 the Thunderjet transferred to 338 Skvadron at Ørland as 'MU-5'.
This Tiger Moth II (ex RAF DE840) is in the colours of '127' the first of 17 licence-built DH.82s for the Norwegian Army Air Force in the summer of 1933 (Serials 127 to 159, with only odd numbers used). In 1935 another 21 DH.82As were built at Kjeller.
C-47A-25-DK '93797' (ex USAAF 42-93797) was of ten C-47s delivered to the RNoAF in 1950 for 335 Skvadron as 'AO-T', recoded 'BW-D' in 1951 and finally 'BW-L' in June 1956. The C-47 was used until 1960 for calibration of aviation navaids.
One of 28 Bird Dogs delivered to the RNoAF, 4953 entered service with the Norwegian Army Field Artillery for observation and FAC-duties in August 1968. The aircraft was modified to O-1G standard in 1976, but the Bird Dog retained the O-1A designation.
After arrival at Sola in May, 1956, this RF-84F-26-RE became 'T3-G' with 717 Skvadron. The code changed in 1962 to 'AZ-G'. In November 1969, the aircraft was stored at Vaernes (Trondheim) for future display.
F-86F 'AH-D' of 332 Skvadron with the Joker Acro Team badge on the fin. On 28 May 1957, four 332 Skvadron Sabres, led by Lt Kjell Zetterstrøm, flew their first aerobatics over Rygge as the Joker Acro Team, soon adopting the name 'Flying Jokers'.
This 5./KG 4 He 111 crash landed on 26 April 1940 on snow covered Digervarden, near Lesjakog in Oppland, after being damaged by gunfire from HMS Manchester and Skuas of 801 Squadron from HMS Ark Royal.
The main display hall at Gardermoen houses 3 RNoAF F-5s: F-5B 387 (64-13387), F-5A 208 (66-9208), both of 336 Skvadron and unmarked RF-5A 105 (68-9105). In front of the museum is F-5B 595 (65-10594) in a 336 Skvadron Tiger c/s.
This former Luftwaffe Starfighter (27+71 and ex USAF 63-8469) served with the 58th TFTW at Luke AFB before joining the RNoAF's 331 Skvadron at Bodø in June 1975. 469 was flown to Gardermoen on 13 July 1982.
From 1974 until 1982 '818' operated with 334 Skvadron and spent some time as BDR-trainer at Kjevik at the Luftforsvarets Tekniske Skole Senter. The aircraft was scrapped in 2010 with the cockpit section coming to Gardermoen for display.
In 1979, the wreck of N-3PB 'U' of 330 Squadron (based at RAF Reykjavík, with flights at Akureyri and Budareyi) was recovered from the Þjórsá River in Iceland, were the aircraft made a forced landing on 21 April, 1943.
On 13 April, 1940, ‘CA+JY’ of 4./KGrzbV 103 landed on the ice of Hartvikvatnet, near Narvik, northern Norway. With the arrival of spring, the ice melted and the Ju 52 sank to the bottom of the lake. The aircraft was recovered in 1983.
On 15 April, 1940, ‘U4+TK’ took part in KG30’s first mission from the frozen Jonsvatnet to attack installations at Namsos airfield. By the end of that month, the probably unserviceable Ju 88 sank to the bottom of the lake.
P42408 is ex RAF VT833 and entered Norwegian service with C Flight of 331 Skvadron, later renamed 336 Svadron. The Spitfire is a full-scale model (FSM) of MA755, an F.IXc of the Norwegian 331 Squadron, RAF, at North Weald in March 1943.
594 entered service with 332 Skv on 18th June 1966 as ‘AH-Z’ followed by service with 717 Skv (as ‘AZ-Q’). Last flight was made on 9th May 1994, clocking up 5750 flight hours. 594 came to Gardermoen in 2000 and is on display in a 336 Skv Tiger c/s.