This helicopter was made in 1955 for the RCN. During its career this HO4S-3 is credited with rescuing 32 people, three dogs, and a cat from various marine disasters. It served with the navy until donated to the museum in 1970.
This helicopter began service in the Royal Canadian Navy in June 1955. It was used by RCN Helicopter Squadron HU-21 for pilot training and utility tasks for the fleet. After working in various locations, this helo was transferred to the museum in 1966.
This helicopter manufactured as a H-25A for the US Army was modified in 1954 as a HUP-3 for the RCN, where it served until 1964. It was purchased by the Canadian War Museum in 1965 and restored by Boeing Canada between May 1981 and November 1982.