Built by HFB at Finkenwerder, Hamburg, 50+56 served the FlugzeugFührerSchule-S (FFS-S) at Wunstorf and subsequently LTG-63 at Hohn for almost her entire operational life. The aircraft came to Gatow on 11 September 2011.
This Phantom saw very brief active service with the Luftwaffe. After some 20 flying hours, the aircraft was transferred to the Technische Schule der Luftwaffe 1 (TSLw-1) at Kaufbeuren in Bavaria as a Ground Instructional Airframe.
In 1986 20+37 received this striking c/s to celebrate the 30th anniversary of LVR-1 at Erding. After some years on display at Uetersen and here at Gatow, the 104 departed in January 2020 for the Volandia aviation museum near Milan-Malpensa airport.
Frisian Flag 2017 participant 81-0039 of the 122nd FS, 159th FW, returning to Leeuwarden. The ANG unit is based at Naval Air Station Joint Base New Orleans in Belle Chasse, Louisiana. Coincidentally the elevation of both bases is 1 metre AMSL.
ZD711/079 about to release the brakes as the lead aircraft, ZD849/110, is already thundering down RWY-23. On 17 April 2017 both aircraft took part in a farewell flight (as 'Poker-51' Flight) over several Scottish stations, including the Tain Ranges.
Lt William T. Whisner scored 10.5 victories in P-51D 44-14237 in his second tour with the 352nd FG at RAF Bodney. On 21 November 1944 he downed five Fw 190’s, with another four Luftwaffe aircraft on 5 January 1945.
Canberra TT.18 WJ721 has seen service with No.7 Squadron at RAF St. Mawgan until 1981. The machine was scrapped in 1988, but the forward fuselage has been saved and restored by a private collector and is on loan to Morayvia.
In November 1956 two Fiat-built Model-221 aircraft were supplied to Germany for use as spares. This F-86K, (USAF 55-4881) is seen here in the markings of Jagdgeschwader 74 as based at Ahlhorn air base in 1961.
Fading colours on 99+40. This aircraft entered Luftwaffe service as 34+61 with WaffenSchule-50 at Fürstenfeldbruck in Bavaria. After service with JBG-41 the T3 became a target tug with Condor Flugdienst at Hohn air base as 99+40.
There are dozens of reasons for aviators and enthusiasts alike to head for Fightertown Leeuwarden, the often dramatic skies over the Province of Friesland are only one of them. Here 83-0012 of the 122nd FS returns to the base after a Frisian Flag sortie.
R4118 is operated by Hurricane Heritage and based here at Old Warden. The Gloster Brockworth-built machine saw active service during the Battle of Britain with 605 Squadron, initially from RAF Drem, but from 6 September 1940 from RAF Croydon.
LZ766 was built in 1944 at Trafford Park, Manchester, by F. Hills & Sons and test flown at Barton. In 1949 the Proctor became G-ALCK. After some years with the Air Training Corps at Tamworth, the machine became part of the Skyfame Collection.
54-2165 represents an F-100D as flown by the 'Yellow Jackets', 352th TFS, 35th TFW, from Phan Rang AB in South Vietnam between 1966 and 1971. This aircraft was delivered new to the French Armée de l'Air in 1958 and never saw active USAF-service.
Delivered to the French Armée de l'Air in 1958, the aircraft served with EC-1/3 (coded '3-IG') and EC-2/11 (as '11-MB' and '11-ML') before being returned to the USAF at Sculthorpe in November 1975. On 17 May 1976, the aircraft came to Duxford.
332 Skvadron's 'Spirit of Little Norway'. After the fall of Norway in June 1940, a training camp for Norwegian Air Force personnel was established near Toronto, Ontario. This Flyvåpens Treningsleir soon became known as 'Lille Norge' ('Little Norway').