The Cessna Crane is a military adaptation of the Cessna T-50, a commercial aircraft that was developed as a five-seat, light transport and first flown in 1939. The Crane began service as an advanced, twin-engined trainer with the Royal Canadian Air Force
FM159 served with #103 Search and Rescue Unit in Greenwood, NS from 1953 to 1955, reassigned to 407 Squadron in Comox,BC and designated RX159 served until 1958. Acquired in 1960 as War Memorial for Town of Nanton,AB
Manufactured in 1946 by Airspeed in Christchurch as B.35. Converted to PR.35 in 1952 Serviced with 58 Squadron RAF until 1954. Sold to Sparton Air Services of Canada. Operated with Sparton until 1960. Recently moved to Nanton Museum for restoration.
ex- USAF 47-606, On static display with Aero Space Museum of Calgary as #23175 a Sabre Mk.5 (c/n 965) that joined the RCAF on March 18, 1954 and served with 413 "Tusker" Squadron of #1 Air Division until 1957. It was struck off strength on May 26, 1960