Preserved at the Indian Air Force Museum, Palam. This Okha was brought back to India from Japan by No. 4 Sqn, Royal Indian Air Force after serving as part of the British Commonwealth Occupation Forces.
Preserved at the Indian Air Force Museum, Palam. There is a look-alike Jupiter VIII engine and incorrect tailwheel fitted, as well as incorrect national markings. The Wapiti was the IAF's first aircraft, serving from 1933 to 1942.
'Mangat' painted on the tail of this Su-7 from No. 32 Sqn., which was successfully flown back after battle damage by Wg. Cdr. HS Mangat in 1971. Crests of No. 26, 32, 101 and 108 Sqn., some of the Su-7BMK operators, are painted on the port side.
First of the Gnats to be accepted by the IAF in 1958. It was delivered from the UK in the hold of a Fairchild C-119G. The Gnat earned the reputation of 'Sabre Killer’ after the 1965 and 1971 wars against Pakistan. Displayed at IAF Museum Palam.
The Hawker Siddenly 748 was build by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) in licence. The HAL 748 series 2M were built with a large freight door. A total of 20 of this version were built. Locally they are known as Avro's.
The Britsh Aerpspace Hawk Mk. 132 was previously known as the Mk. 115Y. BAE Systems delivered the final of 24 UK-built Hawks to the IAF in November 2009. HAL will assembled more including 16 for the display team Surya Kiran.