This Polish licence-built Lim-5 (MiG-17F) entered service with FliegerGeschwader 7 (later renamed JagdfliegerGeschwader 7) at Drewitz in February 1959. After modifications in 1973, '537' transferred to JBG-31/37.
originally build in 1974 this monument was beautifully restored in 2002 and serves today as a memorial for the presence of the Soviet Air Force in Großenhain from 1945 until 1993. (its actual board number was "30 red")
Delivered from russian stocks to Kommando LSK 12/1961. 02/1962 to Technische Schule LSK/LV and later to museum apron at Bautzen AB. Via Museum Appen to Museum Finow. With a rare view to the Klimov WK-1F engine with afterburner.